Monday, September 22, 2008

Via con Dios, Fuzzy. And thank you....



BEYOND THE FENCELINE

When you look beyond the fenceline
and see that I'm not there,
Please remember that I'll never forget
how much you really cared.
I appreciate all the love you put into my soul,
often making me feel as though I was once again,
a newborn foal.


When you look beyond the fenceline
and see an empty space,
I'm hoping for thoughts of joy
to replace those tears on your face.
Although our time together was taken away too soon,
I'll always be watching over you -
through the sun, the stars and the moon.


When you look beyond the fenceline
you should not feel all alone,
for a part of you came with me
the day I went to God's home.
Although I didn't want to so soon, to be put to rest,
I assure you dear friend,
that my spirit and soul still feel the very best.


When you look beyond the fenceline
and think of me for a while,
remember all the fun we shared and
those times I made you smile.
Remember how we'd run the fields but never run away,
I'll never forget your gentle touch on my coat of bay.


So when you look beyond the fenceline,
don't think we're far apart,
for every time you think of me,
I'm right there in your heart.

No comments: